Friday, November 4, 2011

I Heart Amy Grant

I grew up as an Amy Grant fan… I wanted to be her when I grew up. Unfortunately, God didn’t have the same idea I had and did not bless me with a singing voice. My family and friends assure me that this is not in God’s plan for my life when they laugh at me for singing along to my favorite songs in the car. Okay, so I’m not going to bust out the next “Baby, Baby” or “Tennessee Christmas”… I get it. I can’t sing. However, I still want to be Amy Grant when I grow up.


Since meeting Amy and getting to know her as a person, I now want to be Amy Grant when I grow up more than ever. I may not be blessed with the ability to sing, but what I’ve realized is that there is so much more to Amy Grant than her success in the music industry.


Amy and Vince were awarded the Joe Kraft Humanitarian Award by The Community Foundation this week and I can’t think of two people that deserve it more. I have been involved in several different nonprofits in my career and the constant in all of them is that Amy Grant seems to support each one in some way. Her heart for people is bigger than any success she has had.


At Hope Clinic for Women, we are so grateful for her support. She and her family have been supporters from the very beginning and helped open our doors to women in crisis. Since opening our doors almost 29 years ago, we have evolved quite a bit. We have expanded and added new services that help meet clients’ needs. These changes would not be possible without the support of people like Amy Grant.


We’re so excited that she has chosen to partner with us at the beginning of our 30th year serving the Nashville community. Amy will be the key note speaker at our 2012 Hope for the Future Gala and we know her talk will be uplifting and inspiring. We’re so proud that she has chosen to support us in our journey as an organization.


Amy has made an impact not only on Hope Clinic, but on our community as a whole and she inspires me to do the same… That’s why I still want to be Amy Grant when I grow up.


Alison Cooke has been on staff at Hope Clinic for Women since April 2011. She is responsible for events, marketing, PR, websites and social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment